Constructed between 1935 and 1937, this Art Deco icon stood as the tallest building in Downtown Champaign when completed. This building replaced the 1889 building designed by Seeley Brown. The building was designed by George Ramey and funded by…

BUILDING HISTORY Presently known as the Christie Clinic Building, this building was previously recognized as the Twin City and Loan Building and the Family Welfare Society of C-U in 1929. During this time, retail stores, offices, and businesses,…

BUILDING HISTORY Busey’s Hall, also known as The Princess Theater, was one of the first brick buildings in Urbana, Illinois. The building was originally built for two brothers, Samuel T. and Simeon Busey, yet the architect is unknown. It was built…

BUILDING HISTORY The Chemistry Annex was built because the University needed more space for the Chemistry students, and only having Noyes Laboratory was no longer sufficient. The building is connected to Davenport Hall and has a underground tunnel…

The placement of Kuöhl's darkly patinated bronze figures at either side of a gravel pathway leading to the Brick Garden nicely relates them to the meditative Girl with a Scarf just beyond. In Art Deco style, they are mounted frontally on John…

In 1928 the architectural finn of Holabird and Root commissioned this delightful fountain for the owners of Chicago's Michigan Square Building (Time-Life Building after 1945). It was Milles's first work created solely for an American site, a version…