BUILDING HISTORY The English Building was built originally in 1905 by a firm called McKim, Mead and White with the project estimating around $80,000. Its original purpose was for a woman’s dormitory that housed a pool, chemical laboratory,…

The English Building, originally known as the Women's Building, was dedicated on October 16th, 1905, and served as a women's dormitory until 1937. It also housed a pool and locker rooms on its lower level, and a 92' x 50' gymnasium on the second…