In 1850 the First Presbyterian Church Organized in a wood frame structure built at Hill and State, unbeknownst to congregation, they would become the longest organized church in Champaign. Shortly after they began to outgrow their building, the small…

Built in 1906 the present church represents the third Methodist Church to occupy the site at Church and State Streets. The Methodist congregation was organized shortly after the Illinois Central Depot was complete in 1854. After locating in several…

BUILDING HISTORY Royer completed this commercial building with Danely and Smith in 1926. Located on the southeast corner of Main and Race Streets in Urbana, this building was originally the Knowlton and Bennett drug store. Everett M. Knowlton moved…