BUILDING HISTORY The Garvey House that exists now was actually a redesign of the Garvey House No.1, which was more complex. Since the first design was considered too wild by the house owner and hardly could come close to realization, Goff chose to…

BUILDING HISTORY In June of 1893, the University Board of Trustees asked the General Assembly of Illinois to appropriate $160,000 in funds in order to erect a building for the College of Engineering. An act was passed on the 6th of June to…

The Hallene Gateway was originally the entrance to University Hall, which was also known as New Main Hall or the New University Building. Built in 1872, University Hall was the the fourth building on campus, after the Mechanical Building and Drill…