BUILDING HISTORY The President’s House was the result of a decree in 1928 by the Board of Trustees of the University of Illinois. This called for a “suitable President’s House...adequate for the probable needs and duties of the President of…

In the Fall of 2013, visitors to the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign may have noticed a new face outside the east entrance of the Alice Campbell Alumni Center: A life sized bronze sculpture of sixteenth president and longtime Illinois…