Uggles at the Undergraduate Library

The Undergraduate Library (UGL) was dedicated in November 1969, and the inscription around the top of the courtyard was a gift from the class of 1916. The reason that the UGL was built underground was to avoid casting shade on the Morrow Plots. It was also to allow for open space behind Foellinger Auditorium, an important part of the Campus Master Plan at that time.



1402 W Gregory Dr, Urbana, IL 61801