A History of Central Reference Services at the University of Illinois Library

Tour curated by: The ExploreCU Team

Reference services have existed at the University of Illinois Library since the first dedicated Library building opened its doors in the fall of 1897. This tour tracks the growth of these services throughout the Library’s history up to present day, focusing specifically on the services offered by the Main Library. It also discusses the physical spaces where these services were offered, and includes photos of these spaces.

Locations for Tour

comments powered by Disqus